Whether it’s a new install, replacement, or upgrade, you’ll want to choose floors that really work in each room so you can get the most out of your investment. What choice would be best in your kitchen, living room, or bedroom? At Cypress Design & Build, your Monterey, CA flooring installation contractors, we’ve put together some options to help you decide.
Living Room Flooring
Living rooms, dining rooms, and family rooms are places for family and friends to gather, so you want to select a durable flooring product that will last and look great for years to come. Options abound to suit any décor, from old-fashioned country cabin to contemporary chic.
- Carpet. Traditional carpet adds softness, warmth, and coziness to any living space.
- Wood. Hardwood adds warmth and depth to a room and has a timeless appeal.
- Laminate. If you want the look of hardwood without the hefty price tag, laminate gives a similar look for a lot less money.
- Concrete. Say what? Yes, concrete is an increasingly popular option in modern living spaces due to a myriad of color and finishing options.
Best Flooring For Kitchens
When it comes time to update your kitchen floors, there are many attractive, durable, and non-slip flooring choice. You don’t have to sacrifice looks for safety and comfort during your next kitchen remodeling project.
- Tile. Ceramic, porcelain, or stone tile installation brings a classic kitchen look that will endure for years.
- Linoleum. Easy to clean and maintain, waterproof linoleum can give a retro or modern feel to your kitchen, depending on the pattern.
- Vinyl. This material works great in kitchens, as it is affordable, durable, and comes in a wide variety of styles and colors.
- Cork. Although it is less durable than some flooring, cork’s natural sponginess makes it a great eco-friendly option for cooks who must stand for long periods.
Great Options For Bedroom Floors
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. Make sure you feel ready to relax the moment you walk in.
- Carpet. Many people still prefer the cozy warmth and quiet nature of carpeting in the bedroom.
- Hardwood. Dark wood is a classic that looks beautiful and last for years with proper care.
New Bathroom Flooring
Planning a bathroom remodel? Bathroom surfaces need to be able to stand up to moisture and be easy to clean.
- Waterproof Vinyl. Vinyl is soft and warm on bare feet and comes in a variety of stylish waterproof options.
- Tile. Tile is elegant, waterproof, and extremely durable. You’ll want to choose a non-slip version in the bathroom.
- Engineered Hardwood. If you love the look and feel of wood, this is a space where you’ll want to choose engineered hardwood over laminate or solid wood, which are more prone to water damage.
Updating Your Garage Floor
Garage remodels and conversions are a great way to extend your living space. You’ll want to replace those old, stained, or damaged concrete with newer, heavy-duty, easy to maintain options.
- Polished Concrete. Unlike bare concrete, polished concrete is stain-resistant, easy to clean, and elegant.
- Epoxy. If you are looking for a durable hard-wearing floor, epoxy floor coatings come in a myriad of coloring and additive options.
- Vinyl. This would be an option for low traffic garages, say if you aren’t parking your car in the garage but are using it as an additional living space.
Your Monterey Area Flooring Company
Cypress Design & Build is here to help with flooring installation on its own or as a part of an extended home remodeling project. Whether you are updating your family residence or a rental home, give us a call. We look forward to installing the perfect floors for every room in your house.