In Monterey County, Cypress Design & Build is your source for mother-in-law suites. Our contractors have the skills and expertise to get the job done to your high standards. Whether you want to convert existing space into a guest suite or want a house addition built from scratch, we are your reliable California general contractor.
What Is An In-Law Suite?
They can be referred to as an in-law suite, a mother-in-law apartment, a guest house, or a number of other terms but they all refer to the same basic concept. A space separate from the rest of the home that typically offers a kitchen, living space, bedroom, and bathroom.
Mother-in-law suites often have a separate, private entrance from the main house as well. They can be attached to the main house or consist of a stand-alone unit.
Reasons To Add An In-Law Suite
One of the most common reasons people consider home additions, like mother-in-law suites, is to take care of parents as they age and need more assistance. When moving parents in, you might find it desirable to have some separation of space. A separate guest area allows your parent/s some personal space and independence.
There are many other reasons so many people are opting to have additional spaces added to their homes.
- Private Space For Live In Nanny
- Space For Out Of Town Guests
- Space For Grown Children That Aren’t Ready To Move Out
- Potential Rental Income
- To Increased Property Values
- Private Work Space For Those That Work From Home
Get The Most Out Of Your Home Addition Investment
Adding an in-law apartment space can be a pretty significant investment. To make sure you get the most bang for your buck with your in-law space addition, there are some popular features you should keep in mind. These options will make your new guest space friendly and accommodating for any person that may need to utilize it.
- Ground Level Entrance
- No Step Entries
- Non-Slip, Easy To Clean Floors
- Doorways Wide Enough To Accommodate Wheelchairs & Walkers
- Easy Open Door Levers
- Easy To Open Cabinets & Drawers
- Handicap Accessible Bathrooms With Hand-Held Shower Heads & Curbless Shower
- Well Lit Interior Spaces & Entrance
- Low Light Switches That Are Easily Accessible From A Wheelchair
- Separate Heat & AC Controls That Are Easy To Operate
- Enough Space Inside To Manuever With A Wheelchair Or Walker
You California Home Addition Experts
As a home addition contractor, we can handle your project from start to finish saving you time, money, and stress. We always strive to exceed client expectations with an end result that you will love for years to come.
Cypress Design & Build is a leading Monterey, CA contractor. Contact us today to set up your free in-home estimate for your new in-law suite.