If your Monterey area kitchen isn’t living up to your cooking and entertaining aspirations, it may be time for a remodel. With the help of an experienced general contractor and construction company, you can change everything from floors to ceilings to plumbing and electrical hookups. At Cypress Design & Build, we’ve put together a list of 6 popular kitchen remodeling ideas for the home chef.
- Add More Kitchen Space — Remodels, Additions & Bump Outs
- Add More Counter Space
- Install Specialized, Custom Cabinets
- Install A New Pantry
- Plumb For Extra Sinks
- Wire For Better Task Lighting
1. Add More Kitchen Space
There’s nothing that makes meal prep feel like too many cooks in the kitchen like too little space. Stop stepping on each other’s toes with more space for dicing, slicing, baking, and sautéing. We can help you design a layout that fits your square footage or add more with kitchen extensions and bump-outs.
We can also convert an extra room into a kitchen or add on a whole new room during your renovation.
2. Add More Counter Space
How many times have you thought it? If only I had more counter space! Small appliances, mise en place, rising dough… it all adds up and can start to feel limiting or claustrophobic. We can help you design a space with enough room and install custom countertops in quartz from designers like Teltos, Pental, and Cambria, Caesarstone, granite, stainless steel, or even butcher’s block.
3. Install Specialized, Custom Cabinets
Need room for double ovens, a way to hide big appliances to keep things looking cohesive, or specialized storage? Our remodeling contractors are experts in built-in custom kitchen cabinets. Imagine lazy susans, slide-out shelves, appliance garages, and specifically designed and divided drawers. We can make storing and accessing all the tools a home chef could want a cinch.
4. Install A New Pantry
Remodel and existing pantry, add a pantry, or make room for a pull-out pantry. We do it all. No more wasting forgotten food on too-high shelves, jumbled spice containers, or overcrowded countertops. A place for everything and everything in its place.
5. Plumb For Extra Sinks
Give helping hands plenty of room to do the dishes post-meal or separate handwashing, food washing, and dishwashing stations from each other. Upgrade to a farmhouse-style sink, double sinks, or a sink on your island. We can remodel your kitchen with plumbing hookups right where you need them. This includes moving plumbing for fridges and dishwashers for your ideal layout.
6. Wire For Better Task Lighting
Put the finishing touches on your gourmet kitchen with our electrician services. Finally, make sure you have the light you need for meal planning, food prep, and entertaining guests. We can wire for under cabinet lights, recessed lights over the island, and even a chandelier over the dining table.
Creating A Classy, Creative Chef’s Kitchen
New home builders create average kitchens designed by architects, not chefs, so it’s little wonder that kitchen remodels are so popular. Everyone’s cooking manner and preferences are unique, so why should your kitchen look just like your next-door neighbor’s?
Here are just a few considerations that can help you prioritize the features you want for an ideal chef’s home kitchen.
- What dishes do you prepare the most? This could affect your cooking range and oven’s size and type, whether you need a pot filler, and how close your food prep area needs to be to the stove or sink.
- What appliances do you expect to use every day? We don’t mean your refrigerator and range; that’s a given. What about a big stand mixer, a meat slicer, or other things that you don’t want to haul in and out of cupboards every day.
- What type of cookware will you use? Be sure to consider a smart storage design, making your most-used cookware easy to access without cluttering up your workspace.
- Is baking a priority? A professional double oven might be high on your wish list. Maybe you want to get a cottage food license to sell your to-die-for cinnamon rolls or cupcakes, in which case you will want to consult licensing laws before settling on a final design.
- Do you intend to entertain in the kitchen or have a separate dining space? This affects the room’s layout and will help you decide whether you might need to bump out or otherwise expand your overall kitchen space.
Schedule Your Monterey Kitchen Remodel
If our kitchen remodeling ideas have inspired your home chef’s dreams, we invite you to contact us today. From chef-friendly flooring to custom backsplashes and new paint, at Cypress Design & Build, we can make your dream kitchen a reality in the Monterey area of California.