Cypress Design & Build installs custom kitchen extensions and additions for homeowners in Monterey and Monterey County, California. If your kitchen is cramped or due for an upgrade, our experienced team can create the addition or renovations you want and need.
Types Of Additions & Extensions
Kitchen additions, bump-out additions, and conversions can increase your home’s value as well as make it more comfortable to live in — all often for less money than a complete remodel. Here are some of the projects we can build for your home:
- Add a California room with an outdoor kitchen.
- Add a kitchen to a casita or another outbuilding.
- Add a kitchen to a converted garage or finished basement.
- Add an outdoor kitchen to your patio or deck.
- Create an apartment or mother-in-law suite with a kitchenette.
- Make your current kitchen larger.
- Transform your house into a duplex with a second kitchen.
Benefits Of Kitchen Remodeling
Whether big or small, kitchen extensions and additions give you more usable space. They’re also excellent returns on investment since you can recoup costs when you sell the house or rent out your newly remodeled addition.
- Add an island for more counter and dining space.
- Add larger windows for more natural light.
- Implementing universal design (like installing a wall oven) makes the kitchen more accessible and can prevent injuries.
- Improve functionality by adding more cabinet and counter space.
- Improve sustainability by installing low-flow faucets and using greener materials for countertops, cabinets, and flooring.
- Improve ventilation to combat odors and heat from cooking.
- Update the visual design.
- Upgrade appliances and light fixtures to reduce your energy costs.
Why Partner With Home Addition Contractors?
Major construction work, like a kitchen renovation, has a steep learning curve, too steep for even the hardiest of homeowners. You’ll need to recruit a lot of experts — from architects to flooring companies — to help figure out costs, design, materials, schedule, and more. Partnering with a general contractor offers you clarity, expert insights, a network of trusted professionals, and discounts on labor and materials.
Construction companies work within local land-use codes and with the structure of your house to create an addition that’s functional, comfortable, and beautiful. Builders also know of clever tricks for utilizing small extensions. Sometimes, three or four feet of extra space can solve all of your kitchen’s problems.
Let’s Build You A Kitchen Addition Or Extension
Are you looking for a remodeling company to build a kitchen extension or addition onto your Monterey home? Contact Cypress Design & Build today to talk with one of our contractors and get started.